Chapter 1- Getting Started with UNIX
- What is UNIX?
- UNIX Architecture [Hardware, Kernel, Shell, Command & Utilities]
- How to Login & Logout in UNIX?
- Changing the Password of Logged in User
- Listing the Files & Directories
- List out the logged in Users
- Modes of Shutdown the Linux/Unix OS
- How do I list files in a directory in Unix?
- Which command is used for listing the files in Unix?
- What is the command to list the files and folders in the directory?
- How do I find a directory in Unix?
Chapter 11- Introduction Database & Oracle DBA
- What is Database?
- Why do we need of Database?
- List of major Databases and Database vendors
- Tasks of Database Administrator (DBA)
- What is the Oracle Database architecture?
- Which type of database architecture does Oracle use?
- How do you install Oracle Database?
- What are the architectural components of Oracle Database?
- How do I download Oracle Database on Windows?
- How do I download Oracle Database on Linux?
Chapter 21- Oracle Net Service Architecture
- Overview of Oracle Net Services & It’s component
- How Oracle Net Service works?
- The Oracle Net Listener
- Types of Listener & Oracle Listener configuration [Dynamic and Static Listeners]
- Oracle netca (Network Configuration Assistant) utility to Create Listener
- Oracle netmgr (Network Manager) utility to Create & Configure the Listener
- Oracle Dedicated Server Architecture
- Oracle Shared Server Architecture
- Oracle Listener Administration and TNS_ADMIN environment variable
- How do I get the listener Ora file?
- How do I manually create a listener Ora file?
Chapter 2- UNIX File Management & the UNIX VI Editor
- List the files & Hidden files
- Meta characters [* and?]
- Creating the files using various commands
- Display the Content of the files
- Editing the Files using vi Editor
- Counting the Lines, Words and Characters in a file
- Copy, Rename and Delete afile
- What are the vi editor commands?
- What are the 3 modes of vi editor?
- How do you DISPLAY environment variables in Linux?
- What is the features of vi editor?
- What is the use of vi editor in Linux?
- What are the advantages of vi editor?
Chapter 12- Oracle Database Instance Architecture & Storage Structure
- What is Oracle Database 19c & 21c?
- What is Database Instance?
- Oracle Database Instance Memory Architecture (SGA & PGA)
- Subcomponents of Shared/System Global Area (SGA)
- Oracle Database Process Architecture [PMON (CLMN), SMON,
- LREG, CKPT, DBWn, LGWR, MMON...] , Oracle Database Storage Structure
- Oracle DB Logical Storage Structure [OS Block, Oracle Data block, Extents,
- Segment, Table-space] * Oracle DB Physical Storage Structure
- [Control file, Data files, Online Redo log files, Parameter files]
- Oracle Database 21c Multitenant Architecture
- Oracle Database 21c Container Database [CDB$ROOT] & Non Container Database
- Oracle Database 21c SEED Database [PDB$SEED]
- Oracle Database 12c Pluggable database [Application ContainerDatabase]
Chapter 22- Oracle Database Link
- Overview about Oracle Database Link
- Type of Database Link [Private & Public Database link]
- How to create Oracle Database Link
- How to Drop the Oracle Database Link
- How do I find the db link in Oracle?
- What are the types of the database links are there?
- How do I create a database link between two Oracle databases?
- What is shared database link in Oracle?
- How do I create a Dblink in Oracle?
- How do I create a database link for another user in Oracle?
- How to access data from remote database using DB link?
- Syntax to create database link
- What are usages of database link?
Chapter 3- UNIX Directories Management
- Home Directory , Absolute & Relative Pathnames
- Create Directories & Creating Parent Directories
- Copying and Renaming Directories
- Removing Directories , Changing Directories
- The directories (. dot) and (.. dot dot)
- What is directory management?
- What is Unix file management?
- What are the directory management commands?
- How can we manage files and directories in Linux?
- What is directory management command?
- What are the commands used for file management in Unix?
- What is directory command in Unix?
- What is Unix file structure?
Chapter 13- Oracle Software Installation & Database Creation
- Understand prerequisites for a successful Oracle RDBMS software installation.
- Installation of Oracle 21cR1 database software with the latest patch set.
- Installation of Oracle 21cR2 database software
- Planning for Oracle Database Creation
- Database Creation using DBCA (Database Configuration Assistance) GUI
- Database Creation using script manually with CREATE DATABASE statement
- Exploring the Database components Logical & Physically
- What is Dbca Oracle?
- Where is Dbca located in Oracle?
- How do I create a Dbca database?
- What is Dbca command?
- What is Oracle PDB seed?
- How do I create a PDB seed from a pluggable database?
Chapter 23- Oracle Database Logical Back UP (Oracle Data Pump)
- Oracle Database Data Movement Utilities:
- Data Pump Export (Export) expdp & exp
- Data Pump Import (Import) impdp& imp
- Oracle Data Pump Components DBMS_DATAPUMP & DBMS_METADATA Package
- Export & Import Table, Schema, Table- space, Database
- What is Oracle logical backup?
- Which Oracle utility is used for logical backup of database?
- What are the different methods of backing up Oracle database?
- Which of the following is a logical backup of the database?
- How do I export from Expdp?
- What is Expdp command?
- What is EXP and Expdp?
- What is Expdp and Impdp?
Chapter 4- UNIX File & Directory Permission Setup
- The Permission Indicators, File Access Modes [Read r, Write w, Execute x]
- Directory Access Modes [Read r, Write w, Execute x]
- Changing the Permissions Using chmod with Symbolic Permissions
- Changing the Permissions Using chmod with Absolute Permissions
- Changing the Ownership of File & Directory [chown command]
- Changing the Group Ownership of File & Directory [chgrp command]
- How do I set file and folder permissions in Linux?
- What is the meaning of chmod 777?
- What is 644 permission Unix?
- What are the directory permissions in Unix?
- How do I restrict access to a file in Unix?
- What are the file permissions in Unix?
- What does 755 permissions mean in Unix?
Chapter 14- Oracle Database Start & Stop and Parameter
- Oracle Database Startup modes [STARTUP, STARTUP NOMOUNT,
- STARTUP MOUNT, OPEN, FORCE]
- Oracle Database Open Read Only & Restricted Modes
- Oracle Database Shut down modes[SHUTDOWNNORMAL,TRANSACTIONL,
- Initialization Parameters * Static & Dynamic Parameters
- System & Session Level Parameters
- Parameter files (Initialization Parameter & Server Parameter files)
- Changing the Parameter Value,Data Dictionary
- Understanding Data Dictionary
- Static & Dynamic Performance Views [V$...,X$......, DBA_, ALL_, USER_]
- Using Data Dictionary Views [ DICT, V$FIXED_TABLE]
- How do you use the data dictionary?
Chapter 24- Backup, Restore & Recovery using RMAN
- Introduction Backup and Recovery
- Introduction to RMAN (Recovery Manager) Architecture
- Configuring the RMAN Environment
- RMAN Backup Concepts like Backup Sets & Image Copy Backup
- RMAN Control file & Parameter file backup
- RMAN full database & Incremental Backup
- RMAN Backup Retention Policy
- List out the Archive log backup & Database Backups
- RMAN related Views * Concept of Repository Catalog
- Database , Benefit & Use of Repository Database
- RMAN backup CDB & PDB Databases
- [Backup database root; Backup pluggable databasehr_appcont;]
- Can we restore 19c RMAN backup to 12c?
Chapter 5- UNIX User & Group Creation & Set the Environment
- How to create Group?
- How to create User?
- How to modify User?
- The .profile or .bash_profile file
- Setting the Path
- What is user group in Unix?
- What are the environment variables in Unix?
- How do I see environment variables in Unix?
- How do you set environment variables in Unix?
- How do I DISPLAY environment variables?
- How do I check environment variables?
- What is a .bashrc file?
- How do I view environment variables in PuTTY?
- How do I find the value of a variable in Unix?
Chapter 15- User Management & Database Security
- What is Oracle Database Users?
- Types of Database Users on the basis of Authentication [Database & External (OS) User]
- Database 21c Common (C##Username) User & Local User
- create the Database Common User & Local User
- Alter the Database Common User &Local User
- Types of Privileges [System Level & Object Level Privileges] & Roles
- Grant and Revoke the Privileges from Database Users
- What is profile?
- Assign the Profile to Database User
- Create & Alter the Profile
- Killing the Session of the Connected User
- How do I set user roles in Oracle?
- What is Oracle default profile?
- What is a profile in Oracle 21c?
- What are roles in Oracle?
Chapter 25- Oracle Database Flashback & Restore Point
- Overview of Flashback Database, Restore Points and Guaranteed Restore Points
- About Logging for Flashback Database and Guaranteed Restore Points
- Prerequisites for Flashback Database and Guaranteed Restore Points
- Using Normal and Guaranteed Restore Points
- Using Flashback Database, Table-space, Table
- What is the difference between flashback and restore point in Oracle?
- How do I use Flashback database in Restore Point?
- How do I create a flashback guaranteed restore point in Oracle?
- Can we flashback database without restore point?
- Can you flashback a truncated table?
- How do you do flashbacks on a table?
- How do I reclaim space in a table?
- Why and when must you enable row movement on a table before a flashback operation?
- What is the difference between flashback and restore point in Oracle?
- Can we flashback database without restore point?
Chapter 6- Introduction to SQL Statements
- SQL Fundaments [Types of SQL Commands
- (DML, DDL, TCL, DCL) & Description]
- Oracle Data Types & Limitation of Data Types
- Using the SELECT Statement
- Column Alias Name
- Use of DISTINCT Keyword
- Use of DUAL Table
- Use of WHERE clause with Comparison Operators [=, !=, <, <=, >, >=]
- Use of Logical Operators [AND, OR, NOT]
- Sorting Rows by using ORDER BY clause
- HAVING Clause ,The CASE Expression
- Using Ampersand Substitution Variables
- Use of Other Operators[IN,NOTIN,BETWEEN,EXITS,ISNULL,ISNOTNULL,LIKE]
- Set Operators ( union ,union all ,intersect,minus)
Chapter 16- Table-space Administration & Data file Administration
- Create, Alter & Drop the Permanent Table-space
- Add & Resize the data files
- Understand Segment space management
- Understand the Extent Management
- Create Big File Table- space
- Table-space Quotas
- Configuring the Multi-block Table-space support
- Table- space related views [DBA_Tablespaces, DBA_data_files, V$Tablespace, V$Datafile]
- What is tablespace management?
- What is the difference between tablespace and datafile?
- What is table and tablespace in Oracle?
- What is table and tablespace?
- How many types of tablespace are there in Oracle?
- How do I determine the size of a tablespace?
Chapter 26- Oracle Database RMAN Duplicate Cloning
- Cloning Concept & Consideration
- Cloning Technologies
- Cloning Oracle Home * RMAN Duplicate Database Cloning
- How do I clone a database using RMAN duplicate?
- What is RMAN cloning in Oracle?
- What is Nofilenamecheck RMAN?
- What is RMAN active duplicate?
- What is Duplicate command in Oracle?
- How do I clone a database using RMAN duplicate?
- What is RMAN duplicate from active database?
- What is auxiliary database?
- What is auxiliary channel in RMAN?
- What is target database in RMAN?
- What are the database connection types available with RMAN?
Chapter 7- Single Row Function
- Single Row Function Fundamental
- Using Single Row Character Function
- Using Single Row Numeric Function
- Using Single Row Date Function
- Using Single Row Conversion Function
- Using GROUP function
- Identify Distinct Values in Tables
- Group Function or Aggregate function
- Group By Syntax
- Group By Operations in Queries
- Having Clause of DRL Statements
- Aggregate Functions with Group By
- Order By Clause and Group By
Chapter 17- Undo Table-space
- Create Undo Table-space and add data file to undo Table-space
- Change the Undo Table- space on the Database level
- Managing the Transaction & Undo Data
- Configuring the Undo Table-space
- How do I add more space to the undo tablespace?
- What is undo table space?
- How do I calculate the size of my undo tablespace?
- What happens if undo tablespace is full?
- How do you manage and undo data?
- How do you check to undo a table space?
- How do I clear space in undo tablespace?
- How do I change the table space in Oracle?
- How do you switch the recreate undo tablespace at the PDB level?
Chapter 27- Oracle DB Disaster Setup (Standby Database/ Data Guard)
- Introduction Oracle Data Guard
- Types of Standby Databases & Data Guard Services
- Difference between Physical, Logical & Snapshot Standby databases
- Oracle Data Guard Architecture
- Processes related to Primary & Standby Databases
- Creating Physical Standby Database using SQL & RMAN Duplicate command
- Open The Physical Standby database to Real Time Apply
- Oracle Data Guard Overview
- What is Oracle Data Guard 19c?
- What is LNS and RFS in Data Guard?
- What are the new features of Oracle 19c Data Guard?
- What is LSP process in Data Guard?
- What is Data Guard background process?
Chapter 8- Using Join & Sub Queries
- Join Types : Equi Join, Simple Join
- Inner Join and Query Conditions
- Cross Join (Cartesian Join), Conditions
- Join syntax - Sql syntax and Ansi Syntax
- Non-Equi Join and Self Join
- Outer Joins – Types, Advantages and Usage
- Cross Joins – Advantages and Limitations
- Self Joins, Merge Joins and Sub Queries
- Using Aliases in Joins and Conditions
- Need for Joins and Table Comparisons
- SET Operations on Tables and Joins
- How do Joins work in SQL?
- What does (+) mean in SQL joins?
Chapter 18- Temporary Table-space
- Create Temporary Table-space
- Adding and Resize the temporary file
- Temporary Table-
- space Group
- Temporary Table-space views [DBA_temp_files, V$tempfile]
- How do I create a temporary tablespace?
- What is the temporary tablespace in Oracle?
- How do I create a temporary tablespace in standby database?
- How do I set the default temporary tablespace in Oracle?
- Are there temp tables in Oracle?
- What is the difference between temporary table and global temporary table in Oracle?
- What is a temporary table in SQL?
- What is the difference between view and temporary table?
Chapter 28- Oracle Database Performance Tuning
- How to handle performance issues in the real world
- V$ dynamic views for performance monitoring and analysis
- How to define size of Oracle database memory structures for
- optimal performance, Oracle database wait events
- Explain Oracle temporary space internals and sizing.
- How to trace database sessions using DBMS_MONITOR and
- DBMS_SESSION packages , How to format SQL trace files using the tkprof utility
- Index Monitoring and internals of index maintenance by Oracle
- Statistics data collection for Oracle database optimizer
- What is Oracle automatic workload repository (AWR)
- and how to obtain AWR reports
- How can we do performance tuning in Oracle?
- What are tools used for performance tuning in Oracle?
Chapter 9- Using DML Operation & Understanding Transaction Control
- Insert New Records
- Update Existing Records
- Delete Records & TRUNCATE the Table
- Commit * Rollback SAVEPOINT
- Rollback to Save-point
- CREATE, ALTER, TRUNCATE,DROP,RENAME
- Learn the DESCRIBE command to display the table structure
- DML Command DRL Commands Operators
- INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE Statements
- Difference between Truncate and Delete commands
- SELECT Statements with Multiplier
- Single Line Comments & Multi Line Comments
- WHERE Keyword for Query Conditions
Chapter 19- Managing the Control File
- Understanding Control Files , Multiplexing Control Files
- Backing up Control Files
- Control file related view (V$controlfile)
- What is the control file in Oracle?
- How do I change the control file location in Oracle 19c?
- How do you update a control file in Oracle?
- Where are Oracle control files located?
- What is the importance of control file in Oracle?
- Can we read control file in Oracle?
- What is control file in SQL?
- What is control file in RMAN?
- What is the default path for Oracle Database files?
- How do I find Controlfile?
Chapter 29- Oracle Database Patching
- Introduction to Oracle versions and how to understand a version
- How to upgrade from one patch-set to another patch-set
- within the same maintenance release
- What are Oracle interim patches?
- How to apply SPU patches (Security Patch Updates).
- How to apply a Patch Set Update (PSU)
- Learn about Oracle Interim Patch Installer (OPATCH)
- How many types of patches are there in Oracle?
- What is Oracle patch management?
- What is meant by patching in database?
- How important is patching in Oracle?
- What is the process to apply a PSU patch in dataguard setup?
- How do I download the latest Oracle PSU patch?
Chapter 10- Creating Table and Constraints
- Database Object Overview
- Creating Tables
- Modifying Table [Adding Column, Dropping Column and Hiding Column]
- Types of Constraints ,Creating Constraint
- Enabling & Disabling Constraint
- Validating Constraints
- Dropping Constraint
- Renaming Table
- Making Table READ ONLY
- Dropping Table
- Importance of Data Integrity
- Working with Integrity constraints
- Types of Integrity Constraints
- Domain Integrity Constraint and Usage
- Entity Integrity Constraints and Usage
- Referential Integrity Constraint and Usage
Chapter 20- Managing Online Redo log files
- Redo Log Files & Archiving * Online & Archived Redo Log Files
- Managing Online Redo Log Files
- Fast Recovery Area (FRA)
- Configuring Database Archive mode
- Views related Log [V$LOG, V$LOG_FILE, V$LOGSTDBY, V$LOG_HISTORY,
- V$RECOVERY_LOG, V$STANDBY_LOG]
- How do I create an online redo log file group and members?
- What is online and offline redo log files in Oracle?
- How do I view online redo logs?
- What is online redo log files?
- Why we use multiplexing of redo log file and Controlfile What is the purpose?
- What is legal and illegal multiplexed redo log configuration?
- What is the use of redo log files in Oracle?
- What is multiplexing in DBA?
- How can I make my recovery area faster?
- Where is the fast recovery area located?
Chapter 30- Real world life of an Oracle DBA
- Type of Oracle errors & valid errors and internal
- exceptions (ORA-00600 & ORA-07445 errors)
- How to work with Oracle Support
- To create Service Requests
- Parlance and terminology used by Oracle DBAs
- Productivity tools required when you join the work place.
- Scheduling JOBS and scripts through UNIX/LINUX crontab utility
- Oracle DBAAS (Database as a Service)
- Navigate with My Services Dashboard.
- Oracle 21c ASM (Automatic Storage Management)
- Oracle 21c Database High Availability (RAC, Data Guard)
- How do I schedule a crontab in Unix?
- How do I schedule a cron job in Linux?
- How do I schedule a crontab script?
- What is the use of crontab command in Unix?
- What are the types of cloud computing solutions for database as a service DBaaS?