Company Location Pune, IN
The main responsibility of this position is to architect and develop part of our BI, Data Warehousing, Reporting and application development projects, required from a European, Global or local (subsidiary) level to improve the day to day operation of our business.
In addition to be a SQL DBA to install, update, manage, analyze, maintain and tune our existing SQL databases / Datawarehouse used behind our global applications & reports used within the organization.
The Technical Lead should be able to use the latest techniques in the area of Business Intelligence and is responsible to update, enhance, manage & maintain our new Global Data Warehouse.
Terms like Big Data, OLAP, OLTP, PowerPivot, SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, Power BI & Data Marts are well known terms to you and you should be able to work with these technologies.
Technical Lead – DBA & BI position reports functionally to the BI Team Manager.
- Responsible for database administration across all sites and applications.
- Responsible for installations, migrations, updates, patches, maintenance, backup, tuning, and querying data.
- Responsible for documenting db structures & diagrams, and creating SSIS packages, SQL jobs, triggers, stored procedures and functions related to databases and web applications.
- Manage database security and maintaining a data warehouse is part of the responsibility.
- Performance monitoring and providing improvements by using modern tools like RedGate.
- Supporting Business Intelligence and Analytics initiatives by using Reporting Services.
- Managing a Analysis Services tabular server including Security
- Integration and rationalization of existing databases.
- Managing and maintaining the integrity of our Global data warehouse containing financial information
- Desing and maintain Data Warehouse using SQL Server 2016/latest Technology
- Should have sound knowledge in SSIS 2015 or latest
- Support our web based software solutions/applications as required to serve various business productivity improvements. Being able to write and modify stored procedures, SSIS jobs to help them in their development projects is part of the scope.
- Understanding on BIML scripting for SSIS is a plus
- Establish and follow an appropriate stage-gate style process for new projects. Track and maintain appropriate project and routine activity metrics.
- Establish and maintain a high level of accuracy during routine and project activities and being proactive.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience between 10 to 15 Years in IT related to business intelligence or database analysis or reporting or some related subject. A willingness to learn is critical.
- Indept understanding of Conceptual, Logical and Physical data models required for Data Warehousing
- Hands on experience in MS SQL 2016 and more + SSIS , SSAS
- Power BI reporting would be an added advantage
- Understanding and knowledge of computer systems and programming methods is a benefit, especially on the following languages/applications :
Windows 10, 7, MS Office, SQL Server 2008-2016, XML
- Having knowledge of Oracle PL SQL, MS Azure, Big Data is a strong benefit
- Strong interpersonal and project management skills, ability to work with and direct others in a team environment. English fluency in both verbal and writing is a requirement.
- Good organizational and troubleshooting skills. Good time-management and self starter skills are also desirable, if you don’t have a proactive attitude, pls do not respond to this job posting.
Job Posting Date
Nov 27, 2019, 3:00:03 AM