First Normal Form (1NF)
A database table is said to be in 1NF if it contains no repeating fields/columns.
• Make a separate table for each set of related attributes and give each table a primary key. In simple words we can say it as
• There are no repeating or duplicate fields.
• Each cell contains only a single value.
• Each record is unique and identified by primary key
This table is not in first normal form because:
• A. There are multiple fields in color lab.
• B. Records are repeating (Duplicate records) or no primary key. First Normal Form (1NF)
This table is now in first normal form.