Cron Jobs in SQL Server
Cron is a utility for time-based job scheduling operations.
PowerShell Scripts help us in configuration of Cron Jobs.
Steps to Schedule a cron job:
- Open the SQl Azure / Cloud Sites Control Panel.
- Click on the site with the database >> Features (tab).
- Under Scheduled Tasks (Cron Jobs) >> Add New Task (This is similar to STEP we see in regular SQL Server Job)
- Name the Job >> Check Send me an email check box
- Configure the step. Ex: Select http as the script language and Enter the URL to the ASP script/PowerShell Script you predefined for action and notification.
- Schedule the job as per your requirement.