Microsoft is excited to announce a new preview for the next version of SQL Server (SQL Server v.Next). Community Technology Preview (CTP) 1.4 is available on both Windows and Linux. In this preview, they added the ability to schedule jobs using SQL Server Agent on Linux. We can try the preview in your choice of development and test environments now: www.sqlserveronlinux.com.
Key CTP 1.4 enhancements
The primary enhancement to SQL Server v.Next on Linux in this release is the ability to schedule jobs using SQL Server Agent. This functionality helps administrators automate maintenance jobs and other tasks, or run them in response to an event. Some SQL Server Agent functionality is not yet enabled for SQL Server on Linux. To learn more and see sample SQL Server Agent jobs, you can read detailed blog titled “SQL Server on Linux: Running scheduled jobs with SQL Server Agent” or attend an Engineering Town Hall about “SQL Server Agent and Full Text Search in SQL Server on Linux.”
The mssql-server-linux container image on Docker Hub now includes the sqlcmd and bcp command line utilities to make it easier to create and attach databases and automate other actions when working with containers. For additional detail on CTP 1.4, please visit What’s New in SQL Server v.Next, Release Notes and Linux
In addition, SQL Server Analysis Services and SQL Server Reporting Services developer tools now support Visual Studio 2017. They are available for installation from the Visual Studio Marketplace providing the option for automatic updates going forward.
Get SQL Server v.Next CTP 1.4 today!
Try the preview of the next release of SQL Server today! Get started with the preview of SQL Server with our developer tutorials that show you how to install and use SQL Server v.Next on macOS, Docker, Windows, and Linux and quickly build an app in a programming language of your choice.
MSBI LIVE Online Training. Attend today for Free DEMO!!
Participate in our MSBI LIVE Online Training – Free Demo on Jul 31, 2014 8:00 AM IST at:
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
SQL School : For SQL Server DEV, DBA and MSBI training courses
SQL School is one of the best training institutes for SQL Server DEV, DBA and MSBI courses. We have been providing LIVE Online Instructor led Trainings for the last SEVEN years. All our training sessions are COMPLETELY PRACTICAL on LIVE environment with Real-time examples and Case Studies.
- COMPLETELY PRACTICAL
- 24*7 LIVE Server Access
- Theory Material in Advance!!
- Study Material & Hand-On LABS
- Study Material & Practice Materials
- Handouts & Realtime CaseStudies
- Resume & Certification Guidance
- Free Job Support Services
- Workshops and Brush-Up Courses
- Certification Guidance & Support
Study Material and Practice Material included in the course.
*ALL OUR SESSIONS ARE COMPLETELY PRACTICAL*
Sign up for a free demo today!! http://www.sqlschool.com Continue reading
SQL School offers SQL Server BI Training with Realtime Project. We offer Microsoft BI / SQL SERVER BI Training with Project and Placement. Course includes complete practical training with in-depth discussion on SQL Server Integration Services [SSIS], SQL Server Analysis Services [SSAS] and SQL Server Reporting Services [SSRS].
SQL Server Integration Services (course content overview below)
- Need for MSBI Process and Workflow Management
- Control Flow and Data flow Tasks
- Data Modeling Requirements
- ETL with non-SQL Server sources
- Variables and Dynamic SSIS Configurations
- Advanced Control Flow Tasks
- Error Handling and Event Handling
- Incremental Data Load and Buffer Management
- SSIS Transactions, Isolation Levels and Checkpoints
- SCD, DQS and SCRIPT Operations
- Custom SSIS Components (CHECKSUM) and Data Profiling
- SSIS Catalog (SQL Server 2012) versus MSDB Deployments
- SSIS Deployment Wizard and ISPAC Management
- SSIS Tuning and Issue based Troubleshooting tips
- SSIS Interview Questions and Guidance
For detailed SSIS course content http://sqlschool.com/SSIS-Online-Training.html
SQL Server Analysis Services (course content overview below)
- Data Warehousing Principles
- Analysis Services Architecture (SSAS 2012) – Tabular and Multidimensional
- DW Entity Identification Techniques
- Dimension Design and Attribute Relations
- Cube Design and Hierarchy Design
- Advanced SSAS Design and MDX Expressions
- Advanced MDX Functions and limitations
- KPI Identification and Calculations
- Implementing Tabular Data warehouse with DAX Expressions
- Managing Data warehouses and Security with XMLA
- Data Mining Operations with DMX
- Performance Counters and Optimizations
- Migrating SSAS 2008 (R2) Projects to SSAS 2012
- Generation of Reports from SSAS Cubes
- SSAS Tuning and Issue based Troubleshooting tips
- SSAS Interview Questions and Guidance
For detailed SSAS course contenthttp://sqlschool.com/SSAS-Online-Training.html
SQL Server Reporting Services (course content overview below)
- SSRS 2012 Architecture and Need for Web Services
- Reporting life Cycle and SSRS Workflow
- Report Filters and Dynamic Parameters
- Chart Based Reports
- List and Rectangle Reports
- Sub Reports and Linked Reports
- Gauges Reports and Dundas Report Control Operations
- Cube Reports with MDX and DAX
- Report Tuning and Schedules
- Report Caching, Refresh and Snapshot Options
- Data Driven Subscriptions
- Managing Reporting Services
- Report builder Applications
- Security Management
- Report Delivery and Hosting
- SSRS Tuning and Issue based Troubleshooting tips
- SSRS Interview Questions and Guidance
For detailed SSRS course contenthttp://sqlschool.com/SSRS-Online-Training.html
*ALL OUR SESSIONS ARE COMPLETELY PRACTICAL*
For free Demo session on SQL SERVER BI Training with Project and Placement and further details, please log on to http://www.sqlschool.com.contact.html
Office: (+91) 040 64577244 (SR Nagar, Hyderabad, India)